Take a BREATH

Take a BREATH
We are but a speck in the universe

Friday, July 8, 2011

Friends

“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends whom we choose.” – Tehyi Hsieh

Somebody put a post on Facebook this morning, I will quote it before I elaborate...
"An old military tradition is that true friends who have not seen each other for long periods of time, never question their friendship. These friends resume at the same time they left off regardless of distance and time between them. I call these friends Family. If you are lucky enough to have at least one military friend like this copy and paste to your status...I LOVE MY CHOSEN FAMILY!!!"

Now that being said, I am not Military, although some would argue I am more like "Militant" from time to time. I also have a lot of friends that are military or married to military or were and now retired. But, I think it applies to anyone who has known me over time. Some people I can talk to everyday, and then go time without talking, then pick up the phone and talk like we conversed yesterday.
I have a lot of people in my life that are like that.

Life Happens, people get busy, needs change, scenes change, schedules change, people don't have a lot of time, as we live in a go go go society, (Topic for another DAY),
I always viewed it like this, MY DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN! You are welcome.
Sometimes, you have to turn the handle, most times it is waiting open, with the screen door closed because the dog will get out, and the flies will get in, nonetheless, the DOOR IS OPEN.

Now, the Facebook thing refers to military, but I think it refers to the type of person you are.

Words of advice, I have always had the Ambassador type attitude, HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS, you back me up on this... I NEVER affixed myself to ONE group, I didn't belong to the jocks, the scrubs, the stoners, smokers, new wave, rockers or anything stereotypical, I hung out a little bit with each group, usually meshing two unlikely groups together and having the best time. Some people might see me as not fitting in, but I saw it as morphing and changing, and experiencing everything with everyone.

Going back in time, I went from spending every Saturday in detention with Mr Atkins (and Kris KANE), to dating a straight A student, turning my behavior around, and went on KAIROS as Junior, and being a KAIROS LEADER.

I just remember not sheltering myself to any ONE THING. It did alot for me...I got invited to some of the craziest parties...Some of my old pals might chime in here and remember some of those parties...Dee Hesik, Denise Simon, Chris Malek, Bo Bolek
I also continued this practice until this day...I don't shelter myself to one group of friends, I have work family, military family, softball family, baseball family, HIGH SCHOOL FAMILY, MY MILLARD ST FAMILY...MY BLOCK FAMILY (OLD AND NEW).
Childhood, adolescent, high school, adulthood, middle aged, time marches on...some of you have been there since I was in Diapers, others just jumping in, THANK YOU!

I have wonderful people in my life. I always thought WE ARE IN EACH OTHERS LIFE FOR A REASON. WE learn from one another, help one another, laugh, cry, feel, and sometimes are forced to look at ourselves. We are supposed to be in and out of each others life, as that is life.

I am really LOVING FACEBOOK, as it gives us a chance in our GO GO GO LIFE (topic for another day), to look at each others lifes, share pics, share thoughts, share prayers, share laughs, grief, and happiness on a DAILY BASIS! Some of us even HOURLY!!!

I am hoping we all have a little of this in us...
Song of THE DAY-----------> Simple Minds~Don't You FORGET ABOUT ME

No comments:

Post a Comment